ATTENTION: State rules require you to take the “Time of Transfer Inspector Training” workshop to become certified.
To qualify for the inspection course you MUST have;
1) Two years' experience operating, installing, inspecting, designing or maintaining private sewage disposal systems,
2) Take the “Basics of Onsite Systems” class.
Before you attend the Time of Transfer Inspector Training workshop, you need to receive approval from the Iowa DNR. Please follow the following steps:
- Click here to download the Inspector Training application packet.
- Complete the application packet, outlining your experience or provide proof of registration/attendance to the Basics of Onsite 101 workshop.
- Submit the packet to the IDNR: Iowa Dept of Natural Resources: Time of Transfer Inspector Certification: 502 E 9th St, Des Moines, IA 50319-0034 or Fax (515) 281-8895.
- Once you have received approval from the DNR, register for the Time of Transfer Inspector Training workshop.
If you have questions about time of transfer inspections or the requirements to become certified please call Daniel Olson, IDNR: (515)-725-8404 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about registering for a training class or class schedules please contact Caylene Hollinrake, DMACC: (515) 256-4920, or e-mail email@example.com
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - Wednesday, November 01, 2017
DMACC-FFA Enrichment Center, RM 208, Ankeny, IA
Iowa's time of transfer septic system inspection law (SF261) was passed by the Iowa legislature in April of 2008 and took effect July 1, 2009. The new law requires that every home/building served by a septic system have that septic system inspected prior to the sale or deed transfer for the home/building. All inspections must be conducted by an inspector that has been certified by the department.
» More Information
» Register Now!