ATTENTION: State rules require you to take the “Time of Transfer Inspector Training” workshop to become certified.
To qualify for the inspection course you MUST have;
1) Two years' experience operating, installing, inspecting, designing or maintaining private sewage disposal systems,
2) Take the “Basics of Onsite Systems” class.
Before you attend the Time of Transfer Inspector Training workshop, you need to receive approval from the Iowa DNR. Please follow the following steps:
- Click here to download the Inspector Training application packet.
- Complete the application packet, outlining your experience or provide proof of registration/attendance to the Basics of Onsite 101 workshop.
- Submit the packet to the IDNR: Iowa Dept of Natural Resources: Time of Transfer Inspector Certification: 502 E 9th St, Des Moines, IA 50319-0034 or Fax (515) 281-8895.
- Once you have received approval from the DNR, register for the Time of Transfer Inspector Training workshop.
If you have questions about time of transfer inspections or the requirements to become certified please call Daniel Olson, IDNR: (515)-725-8404 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about registering for a training class or class schedules please contact Caylene Hollinrake, DMACC: (515) 256-4920, or e-mail email@example.com